COSRX CENTELLA BLEMISH AMPOULE REVIEW
*This post is not sponsored. Item is bought with my own money and review is done with my own honest thoughts*
BOUGHT FROM: CosRX Korea
Hello hello! It’s been quite a while since I last did a review post, isn’t it? But I am back now, this time with a skincare product from CosRX! Read on if you want to know why I placed this up in my Recent Favourites post 🙂
First up, the claims:
This claims to:
– Contain Centella Asiatica, which has an anti-stress ability
– Control sebum production
– Provides moisture retention
– Protects skin from stress and irritation
– Restore balance between moisture and oiliness
– Provides hydration without giving discomfort
As for the ingredients, I listed them down below and marked with !! the ones that may cause irritation:
– Centella Asiatica Leaf Water
!! Butylene Glycol
– 1,2 Hexanediol
– Sodium Hyaluronate
– Centella Asiatica Extract
!! PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
– Chlorophyllin Copper Complex
The packaging is the typical CosRX minimalist kind of style. This ampoule came in a box like so,
Plus points to CosRX for providing English Information on the box! The sides are in English while the back is in Korean:
And as you’ve already seen earlier, the ampoule itself is packed in a glass bottle.
The pump you press is made of rubber while the body of the dropper is made out of glass.
The ampoule itself has a faint green colour and is prety much scentless. The consistency is quite viscous. It’s thicker than water, but it still is a bit runny, as seen below:
Application wise, little goes a long way. I need only about half of the dropper to cover my entire face.
In regards to how it feels on the skin, it spreads very easily and it absorbs at a decently quick timing. It also leaves some sheen after application. Shown below is a photo of the finish, and there you can see some shine at the back of my hand.
However, it does leave a sticky feeling for a while. It doesn’t feel greasy, but like mentioned, it does feel sticky.
I’ve been using this for nearly two months now, and I can say that I definitely see an improvement in my skin! I’m an oily-skinned and acne prone type of person, and I’ve seen the following effects on my skin throughout my use of this product:
– Really soft skin
– Lessened acne
– When I did break-out, it was already mainly due to hormonal reasons, not just out of the blue and spread-all-over acne. Also, it’s usually just a maximum of two small(er than usual) ones as compared to before wherein I had lots of bigger ones. The life span of acne shortened as well!
– Calms redness of hormonal acne
– Lightened some acne scars. My darker ones are still visible, but I can see that they lightened somehow.
– Gave a healthy glow
– Didn’t break me out
Here are some photos of a before and after. The before photos are from my Missha Line Cushion review, while the after photo was taken today.
A claim that wasn’t met though was the oil-control aspect. It didn’t really change my oil production, but it didn’t worsen it either. It didn’t work on my oil, but it did help with blemishes which is my main problem 🙂
Overall, I’m happy with this product and I like how this cleared my skin up 🙂 This is good for those with mild or occasional acne, and those who are finding a product that can soothe their irritated skin 🙂 This personally worked well for me and even my grandma also noticed how my skin cleared up 휴 ㅂ 휴 My skin has never felt or looked this clear so aaaahhh total repurchase for me ❤